PRT seeks to influence penal policy and develop policymakers’ knowledge and understanding of the justice system. It does this through different channels, including:
- Providing the secretariat to the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Penal Affairs (APPGPA);
- Responding to government and other statutory consultations;
- Holding meetings with ministers, officials, MPs and Peers;
- Publishing briefing papers for Parliamentary debates;
- Drafting amendments to legislation;
- Providing oral and written evidence to select committees;
- Drafting Parliamentary questions;
- Working in coalition with other organisations to influence change.
In this section you can find our work to influence policy.
Minutes from our latest All Party Parliamentary Group on Penal Affairs meeting
Victoria Atkins MP, Minister of State, Ministry of Justice spoke to the APPG in April 2022.