PRT seeks to influence penal policy and develop policymakers’ knowledge and understanding of the justice system. It does this through different channels, including:
- Providing the secretariat to the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Penal Affairs (APPGPA);
- Responding to government and other statutory consultations;
- Holding meetings with ministers, officials, MPs and Peers;
- Publishing briefing papers for Parliamentary debates;
- Drafting amendments to legislation;
- Providing oral and written evidence to select committees;
- Drafting Parliamentary questions;
- Working in coalition with other organisations to influence change.
In this section you can find our work to influence policy.